Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May Campaign - Recycling the Unique

For our May campaign, we will expand on our prior success with recycling. You might recall, we are already recycling paper, plastics and cardboard. We are collecting soda can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House and Coke bottle lids (Cook Rewards) for a charity of our choice. See http://www.mycokerewards.com/home.do for a list of charities we can pick from at the end of 2010.


This month, rather than throwing out the following items that you use at home, I would like you to bring them to the office: batteries, eye glasses, denim, cork or other bottle stoppers, PC ink cartridges, and PC toners (those that do not come with a return label). I can be the repository for these items; I will have a big box for them in my office - just contact me and let me know you are coming by. I will then take these items to those who have already agreed to help me deliver them to the appropriate recycling centers - thank you Maxine, Michele, Elaine, and Mia! The cork and bottle stoppers will actually be used for craft projects; the eye glasses will be donated to charity.


Drawing - Here is how you can qualify for this month's drawing:
1. Bring to me the above listed items throughout the month.
2. Send me your ideas of unique items that we can recycle. Please note, we do not want to collect any hazardous materials or anything that would take up a lot of room here at work.
3. Bring me crafts that you made with any recycled items. (You don't need to leave them with me; I will take a picture and let you have it back).

So start thinking. This could be really fun! Do you need a place to start? Look to these sites:

http://www.obviously.com/recycle/guides/shortest.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/10/proper-waste-disposal-pho_n_491672.html

No comments:

Post a Comment